Join the Lone Birch Blossoms Local Flower CSA
A Lone Birch Blossoms CSA share is a beautiful way to enjoy fresh local cut flowers all season long. Consider it your way to have guaranteed beauty artfully arranged for you every week—and all you have to do is show up to pick up!
You’re sure to have questions about our seasonal flower CSA, so first things first:
What is a CSA, Anyway?
CSA stands for “Community Supported Agriculture.”
A CSA is a subscription-style farm product purchase defined as a
In short: people buy "shares" of a farm's harvest in advance and then receive a portion of the crops as they're harvested.” …In our case, that crop is beautiful, fresh-cut FLOWERS!
CSA’s are typically purchased in advance, in part as a way to secure your share and guarantee your product, and in part as a way to generate important income for farms during slow times of the year.
In doing so, CSA purchases provide working capital for critical activities such as purchasing and planting and help reduce the farm’s need to rely on costly credit.
The earliest CSA shares began as pre-purchased vegetable crop shares, but have since grown to include such things as locally grown meats, value-added products, and of course, seasonal flowers!
Flower CSA Shares make great gifts!! Wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, and others are all sure to love your gift of a Lone Birch Blossoms CSA share. Purchase a share as an ongoing gift today!
How Does a Flower CSA Work?
- Purchase your share. Purchase your LBB flower CSA early to ensure your share. In order to make sure we can provide enough beautiful blooms for all our customers all season long, CSA memberships are limited. A 50% deposit is required at the time of signup, with the balance due by the first day of the CSA season. You can purchase your share through my online flower shop, or contact me for other arrangements.
- Choose your tier. Choose the length of your subscription. Lone Birch Blossoms offers six-week and ten-week CSA shares.
- Choose your pickup location. Our primary CSA pickup location is right here at the flower farm, located at Clover Hill Farm in Hardwick, MA. Other potential pickup locations around Central Massachusetts are to be announced. Please note that you must choose ONE location for pickup for the entire season, and your pickup location will remain the same every week.
- Watch your email for the ‘Season Start!’ announcement. Our season is anticipated to start near the end of June, but may be toward the beginning of July if the year’s growing season is delayed by our fickle friend Mother Nature. One week prior to the beginning of the season, you will receive an email from Lone Birch Blossoms telling you when your first pickup date will be—approximately one week following that contact. Plan to begin picking up your bouquet the next week, and every week thereafter until the completion of your six- or ten-week share subscription.
- Pick up your beautiful local blooms! Once the CSA season has started, simply show up to your selected CSA location during the indicated times and pick up your first bouquet of local fresh-cut flowers. Any remaining balances due on your share are required to be paid at this time.
- Come back for your weekly beauty! For the reaming weeks of your CSA share, simply return to your pickup location during the designated time and get your beautiful, fresh, bouquet. With good care (and we’ll give you some tips!), this bouquet will last you all week long, until it’s time for a new fresh-cut flower bouquet again.You’ll enjoy beautiful blooms all summer long!
CSA PICKUP TIMES & LOCATIONS:
Clover Hill Farm, Hardwick, MA
Friday Evenings from 3 to 7 PM
~ Be sure to stock up on great CHF Meats & More for the weekend & week ahead, too!
Mimi's Coffeehouse of Hardwick, MA
Saturday Mornings, 8 to 12 AM
~ Grab a Coffee or Latte, Breakfast or Lunch, Stock up on QUALITY LOCAL MA MILK and great local gifts!
Cakes By Amanda, Barre Center, Barre, MA
**Day & Time TBA
~ This will be a Cooperative Flower & Cupcake CSA
**PLEASE NOTE: Due to recent Covid-19 Restrictions, we are unable to confirm this CSA at this time. It is our most sincere hope to organize this fun, sweet CSA for this summer. Please Contact or eMail me with a note of your interest, or check back again for updates on this CSA Option!
Follow LBB On Social Media for more CSA Updates!
As an agricultural enterprise, Clover Hill Farm and Lone Birch Blossoms are able to operate, and so we can confirm that we will have a CSA for this year. However, some pickup locations remain uncertain at this time. The Clover Hill Farm Store is in operation, as is Mimi's Coffeehouse (for pickup/takeout only), and so we are able to confirm these two pickup locations. We hope to bring you even more CSA pickup locations in the near future. Please feel free to contact me, check the LBB Blog, and Follow Lone Birch Blossoms on Facebook and Instagram for future updates.
What You Get with your Cut Flower CSA Share:
How great would it be to have locally-grown, fresh-cut flowers on your desk or table every week? With your Lone Birch Flower CSA you will get:
- One fresh-cut flower bouquet every week for six or ten consecutive weeks, depending on your tier subscription. If you would like more than one bouquet, you are welcome to purchase more than one share.
- Your bouquet will be comprised of a variety of seasonal flowers grown here at Lone Birch Blossoms at Clover Hill Farm in the Gilbertville village of Hardwick, Massachusetts. (A short drive out of the center of Hardwick towards the village of Old Furnace.)
- Bouquets may also include greens, foliage, and interesting fillers to add beauty and variety to your arrangement.
- Your CSA bouquet will be at least a little different every week, because our best flowers will be different every week, and different varieties of flowers will be blooming at different times throughout the season.
- Pickup locations, such as our home base at the Clover Hill Farm Farmstand, often offer additional fresh farm products, quality meats, and local products. This makes them great places for weekly shopping where you can support two (or more!) great locals in a single stop!
~ Please patronize my partners who generously share their business spaces with me! ~
A Few Fine Final Details
Finally, just a few final details to know about your flower CSA subscription:
- Shares must be picked up by the shareholder/purchaser unless otherwise specified by the shareholder/CSA buyer. If your CSA purchase is a gift, simply indicate that in comments, email, or let me (Emily) know and we will honor the recipient as the CSA shareholder, who will then be able to pick up the weekly CSA bouquet.
- If you will be not be able to pick up your weekly share, please Contact Me as early as possible to see if alternate arrangements can be made. Though I am often able to arrange for you to pick up your bouquet on a different day or at a different time, I am not typically able to extend or otherwise add on weeks to your share, because the length of the growing season dictates the length of the share.
- Refunds cannot be given for CSA shares that are not picked up. Failure to contact Lone Birch Blossoms ahead of time for alternate arrangements and/or failure to pick up your CSA bouquet will result in a forfeit of that week’s product and will not be otherwise compensated.
- Though these policies must be stated and put in place, my every intention is to serve each and every customer, and to serve you well! Please Contact Me and communicate if you have an issue to see what I may be able to do for you!
Ready for Weekly Local Beauty?
Purchase Your Lone Birch Blossoms CSA Share Today!
Click here to visit the Flower Shop to easily, securely purchase your CSA Share.
Don't forget! LBB Flower CSA Shares are the PERFECT gift for the flower lover in your life!
It's always a great time for a Lone Birch CSA gift or Gift Certificate!